Alimta Injection :-
Alimta (pemetrexed) is a cancer medicament, which intervenes with the outspread and development of cancer cells in the body. It is utilized to treat non-small cell lung cancer after different cancer medicament have been tested without successful management. The medicate is also utilized with another medicament known as cisplatin to treat mesothelioma, which is a variety of lung cancer related to exposure to asbestos. Alimta is also applicative for purposes that are not mentioned here.
Some common side effects of the medicate include:
The other side effects include:
- Chest Pain
- Increased serum creatinine
- Infection without neutropenia
- Skin rash
- Mood Swings
A total of 390 medicates are well-known to interact with Alimta (pemetrexed). Some of the medications that are checked in combination with Alimta are listed below:
- Aloxi (palonosetron)
- Compazine (prochlorperazine)
- Decadron (dexamethasone)
- Folic Acid
It's not an all-inclusive listing, always consult the doctor before using this medicine.
Alimta should not be used in case of following conditions:
- Kidney disease (specially if you take ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin) or some other nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory medicates, or NSAIDs);
- Liver disease
- A weak immune system
- Excess liquid in the space around your liver, lung or other internal organs.
- If you are pregnant as it can harm the unborn baby. Use an effective birth prevention to avoid pregnancy during the usages of Alimta.